Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Jelly, Interrupted

they talk a lot. they talk all the time. they talk like it was on olympic event. they never stop talking. and by "they" i mean "my family." they will talk right over you like you never opened your mouth. and by "you" i mean "me."

i grew up in a family of talkers. if they have something to say, by god, they are going to say it. and in that environment, you either sink or swim. i sunk. i never learned how to keep talking and make myself heard. this could be an actual conversation in my house:

jelly: "oh my god. my hair is ON FIRE! someone call 9-1-"

granny: "did i tell you what the neighbor did? he had the nerve to put his trash cans in my driveway and leave them there for 2 days. i am going to report him!"

jelly: "me. hair. fire."

granny: "i tell you, one of these days i am going to put my trash cans in his driveway and leave them there for THREE days. just let him tell me something!"

as a result of this, i have developed the really bad habit of repeating myself. especially if what i just said has not been acknowledged. i know this is really annoying, but i just can't seem to stop.

as a result of this, i have developed the really bad habit of repeating myself. especially if what i just said has not been acknowledged. i know this is really annoying, but i just can't seem to stop.

i bet if i won the lotto, they would hear that! and when i do win that big jackpot, my first purchase is going to be a megaphone.