Monday, February 13, 2006

Oy Vey, My Mittelschmerz Is Acting Up Again

i guess chronic, stabbing pain in my side isn't too bad if it has a fun name like mittelschmerz. for those of you not in the know, that's painful ovulation. emphasis on the "painful."

couple this with the fact that my body has a VERY strong urge to procreate during ovulation (ok, yes, i was horny. but i didn't want to come out and say that because sometimes my mom reads my blog to my granny. so, mom, when you do read her this one, skip the parentheticals, ok?) so i spent the majority of the day popping motrins like tic tacs and oogling men on the street.

the mittelschmerz is like mother nature getting even with me. i don't get cramps and my periods are usually fairly light and manangeable. but ovulating is a BITCH. i mean. REALLY, how big is this egg my body is trying to pass? is it like a jumbo AA farm fresh egg? god, now i know how a chicken feels. no wonder they are always so peckish. (god, i slay me.)

you really did want to know this much about me, didn't you?